LSRC Board Job Descriptions
The Presidents role is:
- Run all board meetings and general membership meeting
- Assist with swim team practice scheduling
- Assist with event scheduling
- Pool rentals
- Apply for yearly business license and fire inspection
- Assist with fundraising ideas
The Vice President’s role is:
- In the absence of the President, VP will perform his/her duties.
- Responsible for pool operations which includes: pool hours, hiring staff and pool rentals.
- Responsible for inputting guard hours into payroll system.
- Point person for the cleaning staff.
Secretary role is:
Responsible for taking meeting minutes for board meetings and the annual meeting.
Responsible for creating the newsletter.
Treasurer’s role is:
- Collect and discharge the funds of the club
- Keep all accounts updated in QuickBooks.
- Report monthly to the board with reports.
- Reconcile the money from concessions, events, etc.
- Process payroll
- Record sub meter readings
- Paying all bills that have been received.
- Securing/Reviewing insurance for Directors and Officers, Workmans Comp and Liability.
- Paying taxes
Membership Chairmans Role is:
- Running the membership drive for the next season
- Getting information to Secretary for the newsletter about membership
- Creating membership cards and providing a roster of membership throughout the season.
Concessions chair’s role is:
- Keeping the concessions stand stocked with all of the items needed for daily operations.
- Submit money to the treasurer
- Account for profit made from the stand
- Responsible for making sure the stand is staffed.
The social chairs responsibility is:
- Planning events throughout the year for the club.
- Work with a committee to make sure events are set up, food purchased, etc for each event. Be at said events or establish a point person in the event they can not be there.
- Create a monthly or yearly calendar for the club of the events that are planned.
Pool maintenance role is:
- Schedule pool inspection at the beginning of each season.
- Train guards on how to take pool chemicals at the beginning of the season.
- Train managers on backwashing at beginning of season
- Make sure chemicals are stocked as needed and chlorine is ordered as needed.
- Troubleshoot pool pump issues and work with the board on repairs/maintenance as needed.
Building and Grounds Role is:
- Schedule and supervise fall and spring workdays
- Maintain interior and exterior of building
- Supervise/Recruit/Train for mowing
Tennis Rep responsibilities are:
- Work with Tennis professional for lessons and camps
- Provide dates/times to the secretary for publicizing.
Swim Team Rep:
- Responsible for creating the swim team schedule
- Attending VBSL meetings
- Reporting to LSRC board about the VBSL schedule
- Maintain swim team records
- Maintain monies from membership, concessions, apparel etc for swim team and reconcile with the Treasurer.
Larkspur Swim & Racquet
732 Edwin Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23462